Village of Hay Lakes

Land ​Use Processes and Hierarchy

Subdivision/Land Use Designation

Area Structure Plans/

​Area Redevelopment Plans

Intermunicipal Development Plan

Municipal Development Plan


Development Permits

Area Structure Plans/

​Area Redevelopment Plans

Zoning Bylaws & Policies:

This is a list of Bylaws and Policies that are related to zoning and development within the Village of Hay Lakes:

Secondary Permits

​(Building; Gas; Electrical etc. to be obtained from the City of Camrose Planning Department

There are currently three Village lots available:

#109, 4th Avenue South;

#6, 4th Avenue South; and

#10, 4th Avenue South

Take a look at the 

About Us and Our Community Tab

and follow the link to the

Real Estate Tab

NEW Alberta Builder Licensing. Beginning December 1, 2017, all residential home builders are required to have a licence when they go to obtain a building permit for a new home. Builder licensing applies to the construction of new homes to which the New Home Buyer Protection Act applies, including condominiums. For more information visit

The cost for a Development Permit within the Village is $50.00 payable at the Village Office.  If you want to build a garage or fence please fill in the Application for a Development Permit and submit that along with a drawing showing all the setbacks from the property lines.  You can drop that at the office or email it to  Please allow sufficient time to process your application and issue your permit (approximately 2 weeks).

The Village only issues Development Permits, if you require electrical, gas or a building permit please visit the City of Camrose website and they will be happy to assist with those licences.